Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Zrytix announcement thread (Land RTS)
2016-03-25, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 2016-07-21 05:33 PM by mrvecz.)
Zrytix announcement thread (Land RTS)
Yo, in case you havent read my thread what am i working on now. I moved from larger scale sandbox campaign to smaller RTS campaign, which suits me, as one-man army who has to build everything by himself

It will be on land, so a Land RTS
And land vehicles will be meta, ships will not exists (But some amphibious vehicles maybe)

Since Nick gave land blessing, this is plausible to make and play....

Faction list

18. Silver Dragoons (IA)
Planetary Defence Force (Agilixis militia)
Agilixis Federation (GDA ?)
Vasorian Expedition Fleet
36. Planetary Conquerors (AFU)
66. Eradicators (SH)
Overlord Yarix (SH)

Notes:
- Each faction has its own pros and cons
Like 36. is aircraft heavy so its designs are strong but fragile
- Overlord Yarix campaign will contain the Mech-arena concept that was not very popular outside as stand alone campaign.
- Agilixis Federation is de facto part of Galaxy Defence Alliance, so they will have mix bag of units.
- Combat turns around macro and countering, campaign got a handfull of unit types that are good/bad against other types

Example is "Trash"
Trash are not bad, but they are usually only good cannon fodders. They are good against SPA's due to big numbers. But bad against heavy units due to heavy armour.
But since recent update with detection, trash units are the core of every army and they must be present as they have detection equipment, another kind of units with detection are tank destroyers, but Trash units are alot cheaper and sometimes they provide utility powers.

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-03-26, 12:23 PM
RE: Zrytix announcement thread (Land RTS)
No post from anyone else ?

2016-03-26, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-03-26 01:38 PM by mrvecz.)
Yo, a important note, this campaign will lag feck ton less than Hexagon, Neter and WW2.

Largest vehicle ATM is 8675 Blocks ! And thats Titan (Boss)
Usually tanks are from 300 to 900 blocks

Aircraft are usually larger but they usually die quickly

2016-03-27, 10:55 AM
I assume it will also lag fek tones less then Age of sail? even though the FPS on age of sail is actualy pretty high most of the time.

Quote:A Lemming Wrote:
He means disabling normal naval AI mode so that units can only move when you order them to, meaning Glao will require you to use strategy rather than sitting atop one of your rear support units in a bikini and sun tan lotion while sipping a margarita.
2016-03-27, 10:59 AM
(2016-03-27 10:55 AM)ciaranhappy Wrote:  I assume it will also lag fek tones less then Age of sail? even though the FPS on age of sail is actualy pretty high most of the time.

Well surely, maybe be not that much since Age of Sail doesnt use some laggy parts (Iek missiles) ?

2016-03-27, 11:00 AM
(2016-03-27 10:59 AM)mrvecz Wrote:  
(2016-03-27 10:55 AM)ciaranhappy Wrote:  I assume it will also lag fek tones less then Age of sail? even though the FPS on age of sail is actualy pretty high most of the time.

Well surely, maybe be not that much since Age of Sail doesnt use some laggy parts (Iek missiles) ?

Age of sail has missiles, as they did exist in the mid and late age of sail ,look up Congreve Rockets, those are the rockets they had.

He means disabling normal naval AI mode so that units can only move when you order them to, meaning Glao will require you to use strategy rather than sitting atop one of your rear support units in a bikini and sun tan lotion while sipping a margarita.
2016-03-27, 11:02 AM
Well but you dont use them en-mass right ?

2016-03-27, 11:03 AM
We use them on certain ships, classed as rocket ships, so we use them rarely.

2016-03-27, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-08-18 11:50 AM by mrvecz.)
[Image: H6pwaZE.jpg]

Zrytix will also contain Sentinel (A Tournament entry for extravatanks which received 0 votes, i will mention that in lore heh)

[Image: voXHnuu.jpg]

[Image: OsRaA8X.jpg]
[Image: SBGcfim.jpg]
[Image: 8lnAYG5.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

2016-03-27, 10:53 PM
Depending how many people are interested, the bigger will be the pool for vehicles

I want to have atleast 2-4 Units of each kind, each should be stronger than others or just stronger vs something else (Since unit will unlock over time)

2-4 units x
Trash
Artillery
Heavy
Tank Destroyers
*Mechs
*Generic aircraft
Defensive turrets
Logistic buildings
Support vehicles (Tankers, construction dozers etc....)

If we take Tank destroyer variability as example
One Tank destroyer will have quick reload time, this makes him stronger against Trash (Cannon fodder vehicles)
Other Tank Destroyer will have slow reload railgun which will enable him to one shoot heavy units, but its weak against Trash
Third destroyer will have AA turret
Fourth destroyer will be faster than others and armed with active defences (So he will last longer in certain situations)