Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mission 6: Moving on
2017-12-02, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-12-02 01:04 PM by wad671.)
RE: Mission 6: Moving on
Just got started with the game, and have been playing through the story missions, but I can't complete this one.

The laser defense system cannot keep up with the large quantity of projectiles. And neither can my computer.

My turret typically gets blown up before I can get off a shot, takes too long to repair (The ship I'm supposed to be supporting gets destroyed).
Tried using drone bays, but the repairs were still to slow. Also attempted to use the repair tentacles but they didn't seem interested in fixing the allied ship.

I have attempted to modify the ship, with little to no results.
Swapped out the turrets a few times, simply cannot do enough damage.

Would most likely have to design a completely new ship to overcome the extreme magnitude of firepower. And I'm not overly confident to do so.

My next strategy is to simply ram the friendly ship and attempt to push towards the fortress while blocking as much of the damage as possible.

I'm not sure if it's possible to complete this mission with the stock ship.
Even with a modified ship, I cannot figure out how to deal with the sheer amount of projectiles.

Update:
13 hours in, 3 ships later. Still have not been able to complete this mission.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-03, 06:19 PM
have you tried more shielding? make sure the ship is fully covered in shields and give them enough power to get at least strength 4-5. light lams are terrible vs cram cannons so you could potently tear that out to get more engine power for shields,
as for the stock cram cannon, its not mounted very well, I think its using the stock 1x1 turret base and is placed on wood, try making a new gun (or guns if you have the money) on a 3x3 turret base and placing it on a slab of metal so the ship wont get blown up underneath it.

Builds things*
*Quality Varies
2017-12-04, 07:44 PM
Putting in some good 4-6 block missiles will help with DPS. Try doing some evasive movements or increase speed.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.