Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.15 Average
Hover AI: differential yaw/pitch, attack runs, pitch for altitude
2017-09-22, 03:39 PM
RE: Hover AI: differential yaw/pitch, attack runs, pitch for altitude
(2017-09-22 09:59 AM)Githrigit Wrote:  ...

That looks like a problem with lua itself.
Does something like a lua missile script work for you?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-22, 10:31 PM
I actually hadn't ever tried to use a missile LUA script, so I just went and downloaded these two:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=807779571 and
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=877753593

Neither of them worked for me and were giving the same errors as your code was. I just went ahead and verified local files through steam for the game and it didn't have to re-download anything.
2017-09-22, 11:09 PM
Hm, this thing seems fairly smooth in combat & only slightly vibrating when hovering ( given how much power is in the rotors for redundancy that isn't terribly surprising ) but patrol is very shaky - I haven't really dismantled the code to see what's really going on, presumably this is just lack of hysteresis for the heading somewhere, is that from the stock AI or somewhere in lua? the latter would be easily fixed by another PID. If it's nothing to do with any of that, what have I not set up properly...

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  RD Hornet II.blueprint (Size: 117.05 KB / Downloads: 6)

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Heavy tanks 16/10/17. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - post processing gives me eyestrain at sea.
2017-09-23, 12:35 AM
(2017-09-22 10:31 PM)Githrigit Wrote:  I actually hadn't ever tried to use a missile LUA script, so I just went and downloaded these two:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=807779571 and
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=877753593

Neither of them worked for me and were giving the same errors as your code was. I just went ahead and verified local files through steam for the game and it didn't have to re-download anything.

Hey hey hey,k your local softie here.

Easy fix, happens a lot..

So, do as follows.

Copy your files and user profiles located in, this pc, documents, from the depths, Player profiles, your name.

Save this on your desktop, then go in and delete everything, yes everything...

The FTD folder in your my documents and remove/delete the game and its files via steam, make sure you got all the files, except the ones you saved which have your profile and saved things on them.

Next, reinstall!!!

Now transfer those files you saved back into their destination, ie your name to player profiles.

You will also have to re-add any mods you have.

Sometimes the Lua coding gets corrupted and this is the only fix I've found to work, let me know!

Softie
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-23, 01:18 AM
Hey hey hey, that worked! Also draba, the script is awesome. Thanks for the help all.
2017-09-23, 01:27 AM
(2017-09-23 01:18 AM)Githrigit Wrote:  Hey hey hey, that worked! Also draba, the script is awesome. Thanks for the help all.

hey hey hey, add me on steam, link in profile, nyasoftie
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-10-03, 09:22 PM
(2017-09-22 11:09 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  Hm, this thing seems fairly smooth in combat & only slightly vibrating when hovering ( given how much power is in the rotors for redundancy that isn't terribly surprising ) but patrol is very shaky - I haven't really dismantled the code to see what's really going on, presumably this is just lack of hysteresis for the heading somewhere, is that from the stock AI or somewhere in lua? the latter would be easily fixed by another PID. If it's nothing to do with any of that, what have I not set up properly...

Sorry seen this one last week but forgot about it.
The problem is slip proportional/derivative are too high for the ultralight body: slip jumps between maxes and the sideprop adds roll when it flails around.
Attached a stable version.

In general I'd recommend not using alloy, metal is virtually always better.
(1 exception I can think of is an innermost reinforcement layer when weight is already a problem).

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  RD Hornet II tuned.blueprint (Size: 115.37 KB / Downloads: 2)
2017-10-03, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-03 11:07 PM by Richard Dastardly.)
Hm, didn't think of slip causing roll issues ( certainly does with real aerodynamics ), thanks. I did notice the latest code version isn't letting go of my propulsion blades in out of combat modes, haven't got round to checking why yet.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Heavy tanks 16/10/17. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - post processing gives me eyestrain at sea.