Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
The ability to give a blueprint Keywords/Tags to prepare for future AI upgrades.
2015-12-18, 06:52 PM
RE: The ability to give a blueprint "Keywords," to prepare for future AI upgrades.
Bump.

Your giant expensive powerful warship of doom can be destroyed by dropping an anvil on it. One day, I will finally have enough engines to actually make a ship without stopping to make more engines.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-12-31, 01:13 PM
RE: The ability to give a blueprint "Keywords," to prepare for future AI upgrades.
Bump.

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-01-08, 05:44 AM
New year, new bump to the topic.

Improving the Strategic/Map AI may be one of the things that really needs to be done (at least partly), once wheels and land AI get added in.

In the event they do decide to use a system like the Keyword System, they can at first just set it up to only care about a small number of keywords for now (the ones which determine whether the AI lets a vessel go on or off land), and have all the rest of them do nothing (as far as the AI is concerned). At first. Once the system is at least operational at this very basic state, the AI could be given incremental updates to start actually using a new keyword or two whenever the developers feel like doing so.

Your giant expensive powerful warship of doom can be destroyed by dropping an anvil on it. One day, I will finally have enough engines to actually make a ship without stopping to make more engines.
2016-01-15, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-01-15 03:17 PM by mrvecz.)
Hmm, Foxy be carefull with posting links to this thread very often(Like you done in Dev-test thread)

Like i dont really care about seeing it again, but some people can get butt-hurt about this, even though its harmless to their eyes and minds.

Surely Nick is aware of that AI factions are Red Army manifest, that it throw everything at you with little strategy no strategy.

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-01-19, 08:47 PM
I think I've only linked it once or twice. Maybe a third time in another suggestion thread.

2016-02-08, 10:48 PM
Been a bit, so I'll give this a bump. Any further comments/suggestions/etc?

2016-02-15, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 2016-02-15 08:37 AM by AChezzBurgah.)
(2016-02-08 10:48 PM)KuramaFox Wrote:  Been a bit, so I'll give this a bump. Any further comments/suggestions/etc?

Ooh, what if the AI remembered your fleets and how dangerous they were? If your big main offensive fleet defeats an AI, the AI would remember the loss and increase your fleet's "threat level". The more defeats the AI suffers at the hands of this fleet, the higher it's threat level would get, and the AI would put together tougher and tougher fleets in an effort to stop it!

CRAM is love, CRAM is life.
2016-03-29, 10:35 PM
Rather than that, it might be more along the lines of the AI in general acting as if you yourself are proving to be a bigger threat with each time you defeat them, rather than just one of your fleets.

All these factions are basically split into "teams" that are either at war with each other, or failing that are in an uneasy truce. Either way, they can't afford to send their whole fleet at you right away because their enemies would then take the opportunity to invade while their main fleet is off to the far end of their territory (at least, logically and realistically, but NOT actually in-game unless scripted to do so in a particular custom scenario or something).

As such, when a new threat appears (you), they would divert secondary forces to deal with you. Forces they can afford to expend on a minor threat. Forces which if moved around will not leave them vulnerable to attack from one of their enemies. They would only send their best stuff at you after you prove yourself enough of a threat that they have no choice but to.

Now, its enemies may not actually TRY to attack the faction by default to keep things simple (though perhaps you could eventually use diplomacy and trade stuff to request its enemy to attack them, if you happen to be allied with their enemy). However, this fear of being invaded would be the "canon" explanation for why a faction would not throw its entire force at you at once.

2018-06-26, 07:47 PM
RE: The ability to give a blueprint Keywords/Tags to prepare for future AI upgrades.
Necro-bump! I heard some rumormongering that AI might get looked at at some point, so I figured I'd give this one bump.