Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Terrus Vehicle/Structure Submissions Thread
2016-05-03, 01:21 PM
RE: Terrus Vehicle/Structure Submissions Thread
Don't worry about Midnight Exodus/Vexatious Blue for the time being; right now they're severely out of date and I plan to overhaul them a bit.

The Triangle was a tourney craft that I added in for a standalone reason; I laughed at myself and pretty much said, "If this thing is at least a semi-finalist in this tournament, I'll add it into the game as is." ...and that's why you see it now. It was in Dunkurtin's Dronemaster tournament a while back.

Terrus Asunder, my custom campaign
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-04-05, 02:39 AM
For anyone wondering, the submissions thread has been reopened! Since all of the current Terrus craft outside of fortresses are 100% operational I now have time to do evaluations for those eager to contribute! All of the front page information has also been updated.

2017-08-30, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-30 04:22 PM by JOJOBRN.)
I think this might be useful as a fort for the ̶v̶̶e̶̶x̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶u̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶l̶̶u̶̶e̶ tsunami genesis. I am not quite sure about the requirements though.

It spawns small submarines (armed with 6 6 block torpedoes), I am not sure whether I set that up correctly or not though (the acbs are in the room with the repair tentacles at the LAMS tower).
It is armed with 2 71mm 6-Barrel advanced cannons, two 166 mm two-barrel advanced cannons, 14 radar missiles, 4 Laser guided missiles and has str 3 shields and a weak LAMS.

Edit: I knew I shouldnt have written anything while I was tired. thank you very much, brain

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint  00 - TSG Fort.blueprint (Size: 265.6 KB / Downloads: 4)
.blueprint  00 TSG ray.blueprint (Size: 53.66 KB / Downloads: 5)

member of the EOI
2017-08-30, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-30 08:20 AM by ABYAY.)
It's good to see some new submissions come in, and a good-looking one at that!

I'll definitely be evaluating this and perhaps the sub as a secondary submission. Also for the faction the colors and setups look to be Tsunami Genesis, not Vexatious Blue. However you did the T.Genesis color pretty well and I need submissions for them. You can expect an edit of this post when I finish evaluation.

Quick Overview: I'll have to do some tweaks to the design's weapons an the spawning setup but overall this is pretty good. I will definitely use it for one of the resource zones since TG is really lacking in the fortress department right now. As for the sub I will need to do further evaluation. Small subs are fairly good for TG now (Ripple and Swordfish) but I suppose having a more difficult version of the Ripple might be best.

2017-09-07, 12:57 AM
I was just playing around with some of the ships, and the Wave (Vehement Seekers) seemed quite weak. In my tests it could sometimes be defeated by the gripe, which is ridiculous considering the fleet points. So I think that the wave should be brought down to 3 fleet points or something. I set about getting some of my first experience making small ships in, and while the result isn't extraordinary, it seems to perform better than the old Wave.

I this suggestion is accepted, I'd suggest the lore should follow somewhere in the lines of deterring other scouts without an engagement, because it's rather large arsenal of cannons for it's size can fool enemies into thinking it is a bigger ship than it really is.
2017-09-07, 05:52 AM
The Wave is intended to get some type of upgrade. I did give it some large cannons but those are proving to be unimpressive so perhaps I'll go with other options. Missiles are also rather weak so that's another reason why it really falters while the Gripe's new autocannons just break the Wave apart. In the meantime I did increase the Gripe's fleet points.

2017-09-14, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-14 11:21 AM by ABYAY.)
I forgot to give an official evaluation on the Tsunami Genesis HQ and submarine submittal. In short, I'm accepting the HQ and will be using it temporarily as the main HQ until a larger one is made, but unfortunately will not accept the submarine for now. TG has enough of the small subs by virtue of the Swordfish and Ripple and this sub doesn't really bring anything to differentiate between them. The HQ has been modified to spawn in a Swordfish as well, along with upgrades to HQ's weaponry. I'm considering the addition of a large turbine that sits down in the water to act as a filtration system but haven't done so yet.