Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weapons targeting shells and missiles
2018-06-11, 11:53 PM
Weapons targeting shells and missiles
ive noticed that some of my offensive laser systems and turrets choose to engage shells and missiles rather than their intended target (the actual enemy vehicle) and im unsure of how to fix this. ive tried fiddling with the AI and the LWC but i dont know exactly where to find the setting to stop it from targeting missiles and shells. These systems werent designed for that but continue to fire at them. Anyone know how to fix this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-12, 12:38 AM
RE: Weapons targeting shells and missiles
I can't say I've seen this behavior in my builds.

Just to check, you didn't accidentally place an Anti-Missile Cannon Controller instead of the normal LWC? It shouldn't be targeting shells either way, but that would cause it to target missiles.
2018-06-12, 01:16 AM
(2018-06-12 12:38 AM)nobake Wrote:  I can't say I've seen this behavior in my builds.

Just to check, you didn't accidentally place an Anti-Missile Cannon Controller instead of the normal LWC? It shouldn't be targeting shells either way, but that would cause it to target missiles.

Ive noticed this behavior in several of my builds. mostly with laser turrets but my AA advanced cannon turrets do it too. Large caliber advanced cannons wont do it (at least not that ive noticed)

I tolerated it until now but im building a ship with mainly lasers and its kinda frustrating when the main lasers just decide to target something else. Sometimes it targets enemy shells and missiles and other times it'll seem to target my own shells or missiles. (yes the missiles have friend or foe modules)

And they do have LWCs and not anti-missile cannon controllers.
2018-06-12, 01:52 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-12 01:52 AM by Xalinsky.)
I don't think it'll happen without anti-missil cannon controller.

or maybe it lack of detector. so it fired everywhere made you thinking it fired on missile ???

a BP will be helpful to figure it out. maybe a bug which I don't know about.
2018-06-12, 04:51 AM
This shouldn't/doesn't happen. I BP could help us determine if it is a bug or merely player error or just seeing something wrong. Screenshots could also help some.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-06-12, 07:42 AM
You've gave as little information as you could, so:
there moust be some problem then.

What branch are you on? Dev? Stable? Some old one?
Would you attach the blueprint?
Would you zip up, andlink output.log?

I would be rather happy if I could reproduce this feature.

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-06-13, 09:00 PM
It was the detection equipment. it wasn't properly hooked up. i had a receiver on the wrong channel. My bad. Still kinda new.

I thought it was hooked up and working since the ship was firing in the general direction of the enemy but it only appeared as if it was firing at shells and missiles instead of the target (since there were shells and missiles just about everywhere with the enemy and my ship firing its a pretty good chance that itll hit one of those) Since i fixed the channel on the receiver it seems to be ok now. Other builds i had that were doing this were relying on intra vehicle transmitters to use this vessels detection information.
2018-06-14, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-14 04:54 AM by MizarLuke.)
good to see that you got the issue resolved. Channels can be quite annoying, along with misusing intra vehicle transmittters rather than recievers. Temporarily overriding the detection setting can help resolve this kind of issue.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2018-06-16, 03:41 PM
(2018-06-14 04:54 AM)MizarLuke Wrote:  good to see that you got the issue resolved. Channels can be quite annoying, along with misusing intra vehicle transmittters rather than recievers. Temporarily overriding the detection setting can help resolve this kind of issue.

How do i temporarily override the detection setting? i havent seen anything that can do that. Like i said still kinda new but id like to know how cause if this happens again that might help.
2018-06-16, 09:12 PM
Click escape, options, game configuration, then scroll down to detection settings, click override default value, and then set it there.