Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quaestor (Custom Campaign Progress)
2018-02-12, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-12 10:38 AM by Brannon.)
Quaestor (Custom Campaign Progress)
Quaestor is my first attempt at making a custom campaign. It will be a more difficult, larger campaign than Neter. I am hoping to aim for 11 AI factions but I need help. Not so much with the vehicles (although you can if you want to) but more so with the factions themselves and their lore.

First off, I want this campaign to be really unique. I have some ideads in mind but we'll see how it goes.

I have 3 factions so far. The Bloodmoon Orcs, Ironguard and Scarlet Dawn. (Scarlet Dawn will be in a very small territory, its there to go with the lore.) None of the factions are finished and can be subject to change.
I don't know if it will work but I sort of want a faction with territory only on land. Most of the planet will be water though. 80 to 90%.

Ok here are the factions in more detail:

Bloodmoon Orcs:
The Bloodmoon Orcs really hate the Scarlet Dawn. After a failed experiment the atmosphere around the Bloodmoon Orcs territory became toxic and turned them into mindless raging savages. Since then they have gathered some territory by plundering other ships and changing them to their liking. Also due to the atmosphere experiement the weather is very erratic ranging from perfect skies to ferocious hurricanes in seconds.

Ironguard:
The Ironguard was once the same race as the BMO but then that happened ^^^
They also really hate the Scarlet Dawn.

Don't have much lore and would really like more.
Also need factions.

If you want to submit a design or something Tongue:

Bloodmoon Orcs:
-They are the starter faction.
-I want them to be stronger than the DWG.
-Lots of wood and not much metal.
-Metal can be used for protection and aesthetic purposes.
-Can be really OP (I'll probably nerf it anyway)
-No lasers (duh.)
-They like CRAMs
-Can use APS but not on all designs
-I want them to look like they have been crudely strapped together to form something that floats

Ironguard:
Steampunk?

To do:
-Create more factions
-Make more designs
-Get lore
-Win

I will be putting all my free time into this without trying to burn out my brain.
Also if you have any design ideas but can't be bothered to actually build them tell me and I will.

Any suggestions I'm wide open
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-02-12, 04:56 PM
RE: Quaestor (Custom Campaign Progress)
(2018-02-12 10:35 AM)Brannon Wrote:  Quaestor is my first attempt at making a custom campaign. It will be a more difficult, larger campaign than Neter. I am hoping to aim for 11 AI factions but I need help. Not so much with the vehicles (although you can if you want to) but more so with the factions themselves and their lore.

First off, I want this campaign to be really unique. I have some ideads in mind but we'll see how it goes.

How will this campaign be unique ? Being larger isnt exactly original... and it leads to much greater work requirements

The difficulty is a tricky one, theres so much you can cram to a single vehicle without resorting to exploits. At some point, you cannot make stronger vehicles. Well you can but the players will hate you for it, if the vehicles are the manifestation of everything wrong and unfun.

And let me say one thing, i am in the Custom Campaign sphere longer than most people around here so i know this stuff.The fraction of community that actually visits the forums here, every man or woman who's interested is very precious and being unfun and frustrating is almost like a repellent against people interested in CC'c.

Also, with the laughable strategic AI and the lackluster editor, its not like theres that much you can do with the campaign

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-02-15, 07:03 AM
(2018-02-12 04:56 PM)mrvecz Wrote:  
(2018-02-12 10:35 AM)Brannon Wrote:  Quaestor is my first attempt at making a custom campaign. It will be a more difficult, larger campaign than Neter. I am hoping to aim for 11 AI factions but I need help. Not so much with the vehicles (although you can if you want to) but more so with the factions themselves and their lore.

How will this campaign be unique ? Being larger isnt exactly original... and it leads to much greater work requirements

The difficulty is a tricky one, theres so much you can cram to a single vehicle without resorting to exploits. At some point, you cannot make stronger vehicles. Well you can but the players will hate you for it, if the vehicles are the manifestation of everything wrong and unfun.

And let me say one thing, i am in the Custom Campaign sphere longer than most people around here so i know this stuff.The fraction of community that actually visits the forums here, every man or woman who's interested is very precious and being unfun and frustrating is almost like a repellent against people interested in CC'c.

Also, with the laughable strategic AI and the lackluster editor, its not like theres that much you can do with the campaign
That being said (Me being similar to Mrvecz in the fact I've been working with CC's for a while) part of making a campaign work is actually putting in the work, if you put in the work someone may (Emphasis on may) start helping, or, if not, you may eventually finish.
But as Mrvecz said, 11 factions aint easy or interesting, its going to be hellish on your part and potentially long and sloggish on the players part.
Come up with your factions ideas and select maybe 5 of the best, show us if you really need to, 11 is just too much.

[Image: 6Vp76mI.png]

[Image: 76561198088023049.png]
2018-02-15, 02:25 PM
(2018-02-15 07:03 AM)ciaranhappy Wrote:  
(2018-02-12 04:56 PM)mrvecz Wrote:  

That being said (Me being similar to Mrvecz in the fact I've been working with CC's for a while) part of making a campaign work is actually putting in the work, if you put in the work someone may (Emphasis on may) start helping, or, if not, you may eventually finish.
But as Mrvecz said, 11 factions aint easy or interesting, its going to be hellish on your part and potentially long and sloggish on the players part.
Come up with your factions ideas and select maybe 5 of the best, show us if you really need to, 11 is just too much.

True, true indeed, but it doesnt have to always be the case.

If individual factions are smaller and split up to different campaigns then the campaign wont be such a drag. By splitting, story wise it could show the progress of the conflict or the story.

Putting some early work is easy but continuing that work and maintain and test your stuff, then thats the real problem.

CC are easy on the begining, but finishing what your started to good level is the harder part

Its so hard that there isnt even one 100% completed AND polished custom campaign that i know off.

Not even one

Either they are abandoned, in better case the creator just doesnt work on it ATM since he is so burned out of ideas of units, or its stuck in endless loop of development with unspecified finish... guess that would describe Zrytix, i will get to the end eventually, but it will take years..
but on other hand, turtle always wins the race....

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
2018-03-03, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-03 01:16 PM by Brannon.)
After thought this will be a huge project, so im going to do it bit by bit til i get at least 4 semi-complete factions,then i will expand upon that.

Also, so far i have only made 1 design, because every other hull i make looks like the DWG and i really dont want that, any hull tips?

Faction thoughts:
Bloodmoon Orcs; starter faction

Ironguard; steampunk

(Insert japanese faction name here *cough cough*); japanese styled 'who would have thought'

(Other faction); realistic land vehicles
Find all posts by this user