Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vehicles spawning stuck with LOD model as of latest devtest
2017-12-31, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-12-31 01:49 AM by The_Destroyer.)
Vehicles spawning stuck with LOD model as of latest devtest
I'm using protectech (latest), missile expansion (latest), after cataclysm, better propeller, and turret heads. My first ship that I spawn is fine, but any other ships I spawn are trapped in a LOD state.

[Image: A84FB8518DD00999B04D5D41F8169BDA3AB1C633]

[Image: 4A42E221D5FC4027047122D236958F5F43E059E3]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-31, 05:16 AM
RE: Vehicles spawning stuck with LOD model as of latest devtest
My guess would most likely be that most of the mods (barring protech, which specifically has a devtest release) haven't actually been updated for Devtest yet, hence why they might break designs loading in or such.
2018-01-01, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-01-01 03:35 AM by The_Destroyer.)
As it turns out it's Better propeller, and missile expansion. Seems anything that changes vanilla blocks derps out.

EDIT: And now after battling, restarting designer, tweaking, and re-battling, the LODs are broken again. Time to go mod hunting again...
2018-01-02, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-01-02 09:05 AM by Normal69.)
Welcome to the club, here is my report about it with videos, pictures and attached logs: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=29506
Gladyon looked into it and found something, not anything exact - he advised me to remove my precious harpoons. ;(
Try to set in video options the simplification distance to max (1500-2000m)

For me, loading a previous save, and building smaller units worked somewhat.

Attach your zipped logs, too.

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-01-05, 10:17 AM
I'll provide updates once my mods that I have installed are properly updated.
2018-01-08, 02:56 AM
I uninstalled all my mods and then uninstalled then installed the game. Still having the LOD model load in only in the designer. Doesn't matter what the vehicle is or what faction it's from.
2018-01-08, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-01-08 11:56 AM by Gladyon.)
(2018-01-08 02:56 AM)Requiest Wrote:  I uninstalled all my mods and then uninstalled then installed the game. Still having the LOD model load in only in the designer. Doesn't matter what the vehicle is or what faction it's from.

Check in your '\Users\<Windows User Name>\From The Depths\Mods\ directory if there's still something.
In order to uninstall the mods, you have to delete them from this directory and then check that they haven't appeared again by magic (that happens sometimes because of Steam Cloud Synchronization).

If you still have the problem without any mod, please zip and post the 'output_log.txt' file located in the '\Steam\steamapps\common\From The Depths\From_The_Depths_Data\' directory.