Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can the PID (General Purpose) not control dedicated heliblades?
2016-11-08, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-11-08 06:35 PM by GyroByte.)
Can the PID (General Purpose) not control dedicated heliblades?
I'm trying to build an airship and a helicopter.
I'm using dedicated heliblade spinners to make them hover. They work with ACBs and manual control but PID does nothing with them. I set the PID (General Purpose) to Altitude control and set the stimulus to 50 (and the other parameters) and the vehicle falls down. The dedicated heliblades don't move. Can the PID not use them? It says that it can control upwards facing propellers. Do dedicated heliblades not count as propellers? I know how to set up the PID but dediblades don't react to it. Am I doing something wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-11-08, 07:45 PM
RE: Can the PID (General Purpose) not control dedicated heliblades?
No, unfortunately. You could use Draba's hover script which will use heliblades, jets, ect.

There is one way to destroy shadow: light. But light creates more shadow then it destroys...

Many think light is the fastest in the universe. But, wherever light goes, darkness got there first
2016-11-08, 08:36 PM
I had the same problem. The built-in PID cannot. I actually prefer the PID I built using the LUA box instead, but I hope that Nick gives the built-in PID block more potential in the future.
2017-11-08, 05:49 AM
Is this -STILL- the case? I was trying to do this myself just now and if so that's really annoying....

[Image: 76561197965955364.png]
2017-11-08, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-08 08:47 AM by Richard Dastardly.)
It is still the case. The PID block still uses the same wierd function too. Stick to Lua.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 29/11/17. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
2017-11-08, 09:13 AM
On the upside, 4 dediblade colums heiight controlled with ACBs makes your vehicle all-terrainish - raising the nose first when you encounter a hill.
PIDs would try to raise the whole vehicle.

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-11-10, 08:20 PM
It's possible to link AI to control imputs manually via ACBs, e.g. 'when [imput = move up] recieved, press [T]'. This works with AI and by extension with AI PIDs. I'm not sure whether it will work with GP PIDs, though.
2017-11-14, 06:55 AM
(2017-11-10 08:20 PM)gorice Wrote:  It's possible to link AI to control imputs manually via ACBs, e.g. 'when [imput = move up] recieved, press [T]'. This works with AI and by extension with AI PIDs. I'm not sure whether it will work with GP PIDs, though.

It does but it doesn't give the greatest advantage of PIDs, which is the proportionate analog input. It's all or nothing.