Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Turning Turret Troubles
2017-10-12, 07:35 PM
Turning Turret Troubles
Hello, I've been experiencing what I can only assume is a bug for about a week or so now. I presume it started with the most recent update, as now no matter what I do, no turrets in my game will even make an effort to rotate. Regardless of wether I control it, AI controls it or it's one of the faction designs they simply do not work. I've tried verifying game files, I've tried reinstalling the game, nothing.

This issue is not tied to any one construct as I've made several test craft and all have the same issue, and it's not a matter of obstructive armour since each one of the test craft have consisted of a platform of wood and ammo barrels with a single turret mounted at the centre.

Any insight into what may cause this would be greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-12, 07:48 PM
RE: Turning Turret Troubles
Welcome to the forum.

Are you using the stable version or the devtest one?
Can you zip and post the 'output_log.txt' located in the '\Steam\steamapps\common\From The Depths\From_The_Depths_Data\' directory?
2017-10-12, 08:51 PM
(2017-10-12 07:48 PM)Gladyon Wrote:  Welcome to the forum.

Are you using the stable version or the devtest one?
Can you zip and post the 'output_log.txt' located in the '\Steam\steamapps\common\From The Depths\From_The_Depths_Data\' directory?

I believe I am in the stable version, since I don't remember ever entering the devtest one. And sure, here you go.

Attached File(s)
.zip  output_log.zip (Size: 21.53 KB / Downloads: 9)
2017-10-12, 09:56 PM
You are using a very old version of the ProtecTechTools mod, here is the latest version: ProtecTech Industries's plugins tools

You need to completely remove the version you currently have (by deleting the 'ProtecTechTools\' directory), and then install this one.

Same thing with SpinBlocksMadness: SpinBlocksMadness

That should work way better with the updated mods.
2017-10-13, 09:42 PM
(2017-10-12 09:56 PM)Gladyon Wrote:  You are using a very old version of the ProtecTechTools mod, here is the latest version: ProtecTech Industries's plugins tools

You need to completely remove the version you currently have (by deleting the 'ProtecTechTools\' directory), and then install this one.

Same thing with SpinBlocksMadness: SpinBlocksMadness

That should work way better with the updated mods.

Quick question, where exactly do I find the ProtecTechTools/' directory?
2017-10-14, 08:36 AM
In your Windows user directory.
"\Users\<Windows User>\From The Depths\Mods\"
It may be slightly different on your computer, depending on the configuration.

The key is to find the '\From The Depths\' directory (which contains the '\Player Profiles\' directory, which contains the blueprints and all the configuration).
2017-10-14, 07:10 PM
(2017-10-14 08:36 AM)Gladyon Wrote:  In your Windows user directory.
"\Users\<Windows User>\From The Depths\Mods\"
It may be slightly different on your computer, depending on the configuration.

The key is to find the '\From The Depths\' directory (which contains the '\Player Profiles\' directory, which contains the blueprints and all the configuration).

Ah, it works now, thanks a ton!

I should note however that I found the from the depths directory inside \Users\<Windows User>\Documents\From The Depths\, and that had been hidden away. But with some fiddling around I managed to find it.