Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Issues with docking stations
2017-03-20, 04:40 PM
Issues with docking stations
I am trying to make a satellite without weapons that uses docked drones as weapons, kind of like Twin Guard's godly thrustercraft seraph, I made the satellite and I made the drones, the drones stay docked perfectly, but when I pull the vehicle out of play and spawn it back, the docking station resets, and it drops the drone, it's not like it releases its assigned vehicle, it just doesn't have any assigned vehicle anymore, I have sub vehicle spawners and they are well configured, and I also have an ACB to recall assigned vehicles every .5 secs, am I doing something wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-03-20, 09:08 PM
RE: Issues with docking stations
(2017-03-20 04:40 PM)Lx35z_ Wrote:  I am trying to make a satellite without weapons that uses docked drones as weapons, kind of like Twin Guard's godly thrustercraft seraph, I made the satellite and I made the drones, the drones stay docked perfectly, but when I pull the vehicle out of play and spawn it back, the docking station resets, and it drops the drone, it's not like it releases its assigned vehicle, it just doesn't have any assigned vehicle anymore, I have sub vehicle spawners and they are well configured, and I also have an ACB to recall assigned vehicles every .5 secs, am I doing something wrong?

you need to have a spawning station and a docking station for each drone (usually easiest to put them right next to each other). Then you need to spawn in the drones, assign each of them, set all the distances on the docking stations and spawn stations. Then you have to save the blueprint. I can't remember exactly but you may have to set them all as belonging to the same fleet before they'll save into the mothership's blueprint correctly.

-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.
2017-03-20, 09:49 PM
RE: Issues with docking stations
(2017-03-20 09:08 PM)Lincrono Wrote:  you need to have a spawning station and a docking station for each drone (usually easiest to put them right next to each other). Then you need to spawn in the drones, assign each of them, set all the distances on the docking stations and spawn stations. Then you have to save the blueprint. I can't remember exactly but you may have to set them all as belonging to the same fleet before they'll save into the mothership's blueprint correctly.

I just did everything you said, and it worked, I think the problem was that I duplicated the drones instead of spawning them since I already had everything that you mentioned.
Thanks