Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Stub Fighter
2015-10-11, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 2015-10-11 09:45 AM by goduranus.)
The Stub Fighter
My attempt to make the cheapest competitive fighter. Only 22.4k RP, top speed 180, very maneuverable, no Lua, very ugly.
[Image: 2XIpNjoh.jpg]

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  stubFighter.blueprint (Size: 23.96 KB / Downloads: 63)

The original WW2 Lite Campaign, updated
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-10-11, 10:42 AM
RE: The Stub Fighter
I dunno about "ugly"... maybe it looks extremely "functional"? Wink

2015-10-11, 12:49 PM
Wow, great agility & speed! My cheap campaign fighter doesn't last 5 seconds against one of these and has roughly 150% the cost. ^^ And i kinda dig the look, has a bit of a StarWars hoverbike feel to it, especially with the bot on top.

Tis but a scratch!
Boom.
2015-10-11, 12:50 PM
It reminds me of the drones from the movie Oblivion. But, you know, red...

Paint it white (with black detail and stick some blue lights for cosmetics) and see how it looks.
2015-10-11, 03:03 PM
I think it looks like the podium a dictator/congress-parliament leader would stand at.. except it's really fast and shoots missiles at you. I could see this making a lot of money if targeted at the dictator market Wink

2015-10-11, 03:32 PM
Wow, fun little toy. A little short on ammo for more sustained fights, but ridiculously cheap for its effectiveness. I re-speced the missiles as APN/Magnet bombs, and that's definitely an effective tactic against surface ships. Maybe I'll make them all EMP and go on a OW capture binge sometime Smile
2015-10-11, 04:17 PM
Okay, this is my first post on the forums. I have been working on making a useful TIE Fighter aircraft (because I lack imagination and think it would be fun) and have been having issues with making them look like something other then a jet with TIE wings attached. I hope you don't mind if I take design ideas from this and use it for mine. That front end with the 4m slopes will be perfect! Thanks! Smile
2015-10-11, 07:49 PM
(2015-10-11 03:03 PM)Ramble6 Wrote:  I think it looks like the podium a dictator/congress-parliament leader would stand at.. except it's really fast and shoots missiles at you. I could see this making a lot of money if targeted at the dictator market Wink

HAHAHAHAHA. Indeed.

I think this is a fun little microfighter.