Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.56 Average
Missile TPG guidance
2015-09-24, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 2015-09-24 12:35 AM by SynthTwo.)
RE: Missile TPG guidance
Just tried the latest version with the same weapon settings and target list, still getting the issue. Something is wrong with my setup I guess.

EDIT: Setting AimPointProportion to 1 solves the issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-09-24, 01:17 AM
Ah, good catch. My code did not check for people using aimpoint randomization despite having no random mainframes. Should be fixed in 0.2.2.2 later tonight.

Allr andask.
2015-09-24, 04:25 AM
(2015-09-24 12:20 AM)Blothorn Wrote:  Upgrade to the latest version; it defaults to firing all missiles and dividing them among available targets. Not certain what the problem was, but I have never seen it in the unmodified 0.2.1.0 (although I do not see anything wrong with your modification), and do not see it in 0.2.2.1 with your configs.

Okay i noticed in the past you could have multi mainframes, but had to specify which one each group of weapons used, right?

So now if you have multi mainframes, but all the missiles on the same group, will they still pick different targets? Or how do you get the Lua box to pick different targets is what i mean. Does that make sense?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2015-09-24, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 2015-09-24 06:03 AM by Blothorn.)
Right now, each weapon group can only draw from a single mainframe's target prioritization, but by setting the target list Depth to N > 1 and the weapon system MissilesPerTarget to something less than the number of missiles, it will split missiles among the top N targets on that prioritization that meet the target list requirements.

And having multiple mainframes has never had anything to do with splitting missiles within a weapon group in this script, just the ability to set different weapon groups to different prioritizations.

Allr andask.
2015-09-24, 06:16 AM
(2015-09-24 06:01 AM)Blothorn Wrote:  Right now, each weapon group can only draw from a single mainframe's target prioritization, but by setting the target list Depth to N > 1 and the weapon system MissilesPerTarget to something less than the number of missiles, it will split missiles among the top N targets on that prioritization that meet the target list requirements.

And having multiple mainframes has never had anything to do with splitting missiles within a weapon group in this script, just the ability to set different weapon groups to different prioritizations.

Okay, that makes sense. I'm still having an issue. The Lua worked with the defaults after i added the weapon group number. But now the missiles aren't converging on time.

They can make a 90 degree arc rather good from 100 up.

Was using loobos javelin script but i want this to target several instead of one.

Dont know how to make this scroll-able so I'ma just paste what i have

--[[
Weapon guidance AI, version 0.2.2.2
https://github.com/Blothorn/FTD for further documentation and license.
--]]

-- Globals
TargetBufferSize = 120
TTTIterationThreshold = 5
TTTMaxIterations = 4

TargetLists = {
AA = {
MainframeIndex = 0,
MinimumSpeed = 0,
MaximumSpeed = 40,
MinimumAltitude = -5,
MaximumAltitude = 100,
MaximumRange = 1000,
TTT = 15,
Depth = 8,
}
}

WeaponSystems = {1}

WeaponSystems[1] = {
Type = 2,
TargetList = 'AA',
MaximumAltitude = 99999,
MinimumAltitude = -3,
MaximumRange = 900,
MinimumRange = 500,
FiringAngle = 90,
Speed = 50,
VolleySize = 8,
LaunchDelay = 5,
MinimumConvergenceSpeed = 25,
Endurance = 5,
MinimumCruiseAltitude = 3,
MissilesPerTarget = 2,
MissilesPerLaunch = 8,
ProxRadius = 10,
AttackPatterns = {Vector3(-15,50,0), Vector3(15,50,0)},
PatternConvergeTime = 0.8,
PatternTimeCap = 3,
}
2015-09-24, 06:20 AM
I had been looking at stock interceptors a bit, it looks like the interceptors use a form of TPG themselves, which is vulnerable to it's target's wobbling. What if you added some random evasive patterns to your missiles? Would that help point defense penetration?

The original WW2 Lite Campaign, updated
2015-09-24, 01:38 PM
Softie---try increasing PatternConvergeTime; 0.8 is designed for relatively small patterns and highly manueverable missiles.

Goduranus---Good idea; I shall look into it.

Allr andask.
2015-09-24, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 2015-09-24 05:52 PM by Kalloran.)
I'm new to the LUA gig and am trying to add some intelligence to my main missile battery so the missiles follow more of a direct-to-intercept or pro-nav guidance. Things you should know about the missiles I'm trying to control:

-Fairly big - 10 blocks
-Built for endurance - Variable thruster speed set at 2100
-Designed to take out large vessels/aircraft
-Vertically fired (3 ejectors/launcher)
-18 missiles in 2 banks of 9 controlled by one Missile Controller/mainframe
-Assigned to weapons group 2

General Questions
-Do I still need the target prioritization/aim point selection cards?
-Do I still need a stagger fire box if I want a stagger fire?
-I'm assuming my missiles still need some sort of guidance (IR, LBR, LD?)

Specific questions
-My missiles overshoot: they do not gain a direct-to-intercept solution quick enough and end up correcting late. Below are my parameters. Suggetions?

Code:
function Update(I)

--]]

-- Globals
TargetBufferSize = 120
TTTMaxIterations = 4

TargetLists = {
  AA = {
    MainframeIndex = 2938,
    MinimumSpeed = 0,
    MaximumSpeed = 400,
    MinimumAltitude = -10,
    MaximumAltitude = 99999,
    MaximumRange = 1750,
    TTT = 10,
    Depth = 3,
  }
}

WeaponSystems = {2}

-- Sample configuration (Dart AA thumpers)
WeaponSystems[2] = {
  Type = 2,
  TargetList = 'AA',
  MaximumAltitude = 99999,
  MinimumAltitude = -10,
  MaximumRange = 1750,
  MinimumRange = 50,
  FiringAngle = 90,
  Speed = 50,

VolleySize = 18,
  LaunchDelay = 0.3,
  MinimumConvergenceSpeed = 10,
  Endurance = 10,
  ignoreSpeed = 10,
  MinimumCruiseAltitude = 5,
  MissilesPerTarget = 3,
  MissilesPerLaunch = 18,
  AttackPatterns = {Vector3(-15,0,0), Vector3(15,0,0)},
  PatternConvergeTime = 1.0,
  PatternTimeCap = 3,
}

Flag = 0
Normalized = false

-My LUA box keeps throwing this in the Error/Log. Is it normal?

Code:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/From The Depths/From_The_Depths_Data/Plugins/slua.dll  at (wrapper managed-to-native) LuaInterface.LuaDLL:luaL_newstate ()
  at SLua.LuaState..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SLua.LuaSvr..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at LuaBox.InitialiseLua () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I've also attached the blueprint for the vessel. So you're not digging around my ship too much (please feel free to do some sightseeing!!), the missile control system is located in a box in a compartment just above the keel mid-ship. I've painted the box blue.

Thanks to the community in advance, and thanks for doing all the legwork for this Blothorn! You came highly recommended.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Capital_Ship.blueprint (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 15)
2015-09-24, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 2015-09-24 06:11 PM by Softie.)
(2015-09-24 05:49 PM)Kalloran Wrote:  I'm new to the LUA gig and am trying to add some intelligence to my main missile battery so the missiles follow more of a direct-to-intercept or pro-nav guidance. Things you should know about the missiles I'm trying to control:

-Fairly big - 10 blocks
-Built for endurance - Variable thruster speed set at 2100
-Designed to take out large vessels/aircraft
-Vertically fired (3 ejectors/launcher)
-18 missiles in 2 banks of 9 controlled by one Missile Controller/mainframe
-Assigned to weapons group 2

General Questions
-Do I still need the target prioritization/aim point selection cards?
-Do I still need a stagger fire box if I want a stagger fire?
-I'm assuming my missiles still need some sort of guidance (IR, LBR, LD?)

Specific questions
-My missiles overshoot: they do not gain a direct-to-intercept solution quick enough and end up correcting late. Below are my parameters. Suggetions?

Code:
function Update(I)

--]]

-- Globals
TargetBufferSize = 120
TTTMaxIterations = 4

TargetLists = {
  AA = {
    MainframeIndex = 2938,
    MinimumSpeed = 0,
    MaximumSpeed = 400,
    MinimumAltitude = -10,
    MaximumAltitude = 99999,
    MaximumRange = 1750,
    TTT = 10,
    Depth = 3,
  }
}

WeaponSystems = {2}

-- Sample configuration (Dart AA thumpers)
WeaponSystems[2] = {
  Type = 2,
  TargetList = 'AA',
  MaximumAltitude = 99999,
  MinimumAltitude = -10,
  MaximumRange = 1750,
  MinimumRange = 50,
  FiringAngle = 90,
  Speed = 50,

VolleySize = 18,
  LaunchDelay = 0.3,
  MinimumConvergenceSpeed = 10,
  Endurance = 10,
  ignoreSpeed = 10,
  MinimumCruiseAltitude = 5,
  MissilesPerTarget = 3,
  MissilesPerLaunch = 18,
  AttackPatterns = {Vector3(-15,0,0), Vector3(15,0,0)},
  PatternConvergeTime = 1.0,
  PatternTimeCap = 3,
}

Flag = 0
Normalized = false

-My LUA box keeps throwing this in the Error/Log. Is it normal?

Code:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/From The Depths/From_The_Depths_Data/Plugins/slua.dll  at (wrapper managed-to-native) LuaInterface.LuaDLL:luaL_newstate ()
  at SLua.LuaState..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SLua.LuaSvr..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at LuaBox.InitialiseLua () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I've also attached the blueprint for the vessel. So you're not digging around my ship too much (please feel free to do some sightseeing!!), the missile control system is located in a box in a compartment just above the keel mid-ship. I've painted the box blue.

Thanks to the community in advance, and thanks for doing all the legwork for this Blothorn! You came highly recommended.

You can simply put a seperate missile controller on each missile launch pad and set it to the weapon group then set the stagger to however long you want the delay to be. Much easier than the using the stagger blocks.

I was also having this issue despite my missiles being agile enough with other codes. He suggested increasing the pattern convergence number up.

Haven't tried it myself! But i feel ya on the over shooting thing

If you also put a missile controller on each missile, it will keep you form shooting all of your missiles at one time since the code, i believe, tells the weapon group controllers to fire, and they fire all the missiles on it.

Also i forgot what the endurance is suppose to be for.
You might also consider, once you get them working, to have them come in from the top since often the armor is weaker there.

Im finding more ppl are color coding the boxes now x3

(2015-09-24 01:38 PM)Blothorn Wrote:  Softie---try increasing PatternConvergeTime; 0.8 is designed for relatively small patterns and highly manueverable missiles.

Goduranus---Good idea; I shall look into it.

I shall try this, but the funny thing is that im using a javelin code and they can dive bomb really really good so i dont think it has to do with agility >.>

I can attach a blueprint if you think you might want to look at it, when i get home i'll test the converg time.

Finally got the weapon groups working on this code! woot no more missiles connectors taking up space ha!
2015-09-24, 06:17 PM
Target prioritization and aim point selection work as normal. Without target prioritization it will still only engage targets within range, but selection among them will be arbitrary. You do not need any other guidance blocks beside the Lua receiver (IR/LD/TPG/APNG/one turn/camera). With respect to your config: the MainframeIndex on the target list is almost certainly wrong, unless you have 2938 mainframes on your ship. The easiest way to identify the mainframe index is to add a movement card to it, so you can find it in the C menu as the one with "Combat" as an option. (If the index is too high, it will default to 0, the first index).

Your guidance problems are because the Lua box is erroring due to a syntax error in the config, leaving guidance to the one-turn/IR. I define my own update function, so my could should overwrite the default code, not be inserted into the middle (so delete the initial "function Update(I)" and final "end", and restore the "--[[" at the beginning of the comment).

Allr andask.