Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Time for a new Tournament?
2017-11-14, 09:48 PM
Time for a new Tournament?
Hi All,

I've been considering running another tournament after the success(?) of the Fauxi Offensive (http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...tid=30559) - I've been putting it off because it's super time consuming and I have so much stuff I want to do and never enough time. But, with Menti going on indefinite hiatus, maybe it's time to make time (if you read this Menti, I hope things work out for you, and thanks for running all those great tournaments).

So, I've had some ideas for possible tournaments that I'd like to run. If I get enough interest, I'll put up a poll to pick the most popular one. Realistically it could be a while before any videos go up.

Anyway, on to the ideas:

Idea 1: Fauxbi Offensive II: This Time It's Planned!

Basically, a modified version of the Fauxbi Offensive. The main thing I'd want to change is to simplify the rules a little, and reduce the distance over which the battles are fought.

With that In mind I propose that I'd set the max distance to 1.5km, but also have a rule that all LWCs have a max distances of 1km. This should give aircraft a chance to be able to manoeuvre, but force everyone to keep fairly close.

Also, I would scrap the Division types, and instead set a rule that your force must consist of at least 3 unit types, with no unit type making up more than 60% of your force.

Idea 2: Build a SPACE SHIP!

I can't think of a tournament set in space - why? Probably because it's a pain. But I have an idea - everyone builds their space ship, and I attach it to a giant spawn stick that makes it spawn in space. I need to test this idea out before I commit to this, but it should work. I want to go fairly light on rules for this, mostly just banning exploity stuff and trying to make sure the battles are interesting to watch (no constantly running forward broadsides).

I'm considering making this either one single space-battleship OR having some kind of mothership + fighters arrangement.

Pretty open to suggestions on mats limit, rules ideas, etc.

Idea 3: Sci-fi battleship Brawl

Basically, pretty similar to battleship brawl but with FAR less restrictions on the weapons. I'm expecting massive APS based carnage mostly.

Idea 4: Random team battle

So, this idea could be combined with any of the above. The idea is that people would register interest in the tournament, and then I would randomly assign people to teams of 3-4 people who would then have to work together to create their team (everyone would have to submit at least one thing). I think it would be good to get people working together, sharing ideas and maybe the more experienced people helping out the newer players. Even if it's just reviewing BPs, offering tips etc.

So, that was a wall of text. Any feedback is welcome (well, constructive feedback about the ideas that is). Like I said there's no rush on this, but if I get decent interest it will definitely happen.

If you have ideas for totally different tournaments that you'd like me to consider, please PM the details - I promise I'll consider it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Time for a new Tournament? - Zebgef - 2017-11-14 09:48 PM
RE: Time for a new Tournament? - SPD - 2017-11-14, 10:07 PM
RE: Time for a new Tournament? - Zebgef - 2017-11-14, 10:14 PM
RE: Time for a new Tournament? - Branjoman - 2017-11-14, 11:18 PM
RE: Time for a new Tournament? - Zebgef - 2017-11-15, 12:24 AM
RE: Time for a new Tournament? - Zebgef - 2017-11-15, 12:22 AM
RE: Time for a new Tournament? - Varien101 - 2017-11-15, 08:04 AM
RE: Time for a new Tournament? - Zebgef - 2017-11-15, 09:10 AM
RE: Time for a new Tournament? - Tomson - 2017-11-15, 09:36 AM