Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can anyone make this engine better?
2017-10-12, 08:14 PM
Can anyone make this engine better?
Hey peeps,

Been messing around with engines trying to find a balance between area, total power, and efficiency to my taste.

So far my previous attempts have been very space inefficient so I wont post them even with the ridicules amount of ppf but little total power and its total power that I am looking for with little fuel usage.

The engine that I'm posting is 3 tied together as I believe this should be the total area I am able to allocate in my construct (lol didnt test that fully).

The blue pipes are all from cylinders collecting gas, Green is gas junction points from the other two engines. Yellow is the exit point from the last inline to the next engine setup. Red are the gasses from inlines to the next inline, green to red is the overall gas pipe to the 1st inline.

I am a little miffed having to send the long green exhaust the way I did making it all 1 block wider, which connects the last two engine setups to the first. I would have liked to have 3 exhausts from each cylinder and also 3 inline per carb .. My tetris sucks and in doing so that would end up making it a little too big I think. There is space just behind each engine generator to house fuel boxes, yet I left them out for easier viewing.

Please poke this engine, can anything be made to produce a higher max power, perhaps even smaller and which does not drink fuel, even this current setup I feel that its drinking far too much fuel for its max power (for running strong shields / props maybe a few jets) I doubt I would not want something that burns 10 fuel per second. Having said all this about fuel consumption. Iv normally run everything with RTG's or slap someone elses engine on, and that is not really teaching me much even just by viewing it, I would need to make it in order to learn.

Should I have gone with 3 carbs per engine setup rather than 6? I ask, as you may probably respond before I make it lol.

[Image: A37AE25FB4F1112624F5F01698C5FD496FD3658A]

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  1200expandable.blueprint (Size: 52.51 KB / Downloads: 6)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Can anyone make this engine better? - lordmuck - 2017-10-12 08:14 PM