Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do u make good turrets?/Explosions are working in a wierd way
2018-01-12, 10:25 PM
How do u make good turrets?/Explosions are working in a wierd way
I don't know if its a question or a bug report.
When i use APS turrets with turret's body located under ship's deck i notice that sometimes components take damage even when armor is still intact. How do you make turret necks to protect the components? Explosions seem to work in a wierd way sometimes. They are not supposed to damage blocks that have armor all around them unless the armor is also destroyed, right?
Attached blueprint is just an example of a turret i use.

To reproduce:
1)Spam the turret
2)Set debug explosion tool to settings 1000/20/15
3)Use it on the red block that is next to the green block. Sometimes you have to do it on both sides.
4)See that the gauge chain so broken and barrels become thin.
5)See that the destroyed gauge block is surrounded by armor and other gauge blocks that aren't destroyed.

Sorry for bad English.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  test 1.blueprint (Size: 42.29 KB / Downloads: 14)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-01-12, 10:29 PM
RE: How do u make good turrets?/Explosions are working in a wierd way
Hello there!
This very much know, it exist since the beginning of FtD, It has to do with the explosion algorithm the way it handles them, with subobjects, @Gladyon, is now working on a new algorith which will fix that.

But like I said, this subobjects getting damaged through the main construct is nothing new, its been here forever.

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2018-01-12, 10:38 PM
RE: How do u make good turrets?/Explosions are working in a wierd way
(2018-01-12 10:29 PM)Skyer Wrote:  Hello there!
This very much know, it exist since the beginning of FtD, It has to do with the explosion algorithm the way it handles them, with subobjects, @Gladyon, is now working on a new algorith which will fix that.

But like I said, this subobjects getting damaged through the main construct is nothing new, its been here forever.

Hello! The thing is that i managed to reproduce the bug (or was it some other explosion bug?) without using any subconstructs. The instruction is in the initial post.