Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Devtest v2.1] Shield with no addon revert back to default colour.
2017-12-07, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-12-07 08:29 PM by karbengo.)
[Devtest v2.1] Shield with no addon revert back to default colour.
In devtest v2.1, I was pleased to see one of the many new features is the ability to set shield colour and alpha internally, no need for addons anymore!

However, after tests, I found a bug that make shields without addons revert back to default color after spawning.

To replicate this bug in devtest v2.1:

-Create or load up a vehicle equipped with a shield.
-Set the internal RGBA parameters to something different than default. Make sure to delete any addon attached to the shield.
-Save the vehicle and deploy a new copy.

You will see the shields loading the default color instead of the one memorized in the UI. You can then inspect the shields UI to see the RGBA parameters are still the ones you have set up for your custom color, but the shield seems to ignore it upon loading. Then, if you further modify the RGBA settings, the shield color will update normally. The same bug occurs after pulling back the vehicle from play, then puting it back in play.

Shields with an addon attached are working as intended, which makes me think this is an issue with the new internal parameters being ignored when the shield fails to detect an addon to pull RGBA variables from upon loading the vehicle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-07, 12:13 PM
RE: [Devtest v2.1] Shield with no addon revert back to default colour.
I guess I spent too much time checking that it wouldn't break the existing blueprints with a color changer, and not enough to test the new feature alone Wink

Fixed for the next release.
Find all posts by this user
2017-12-07, 07:22 PM
Perhaps similar to this, not sure if its related, but placing a shield colorer on a shield, then removing and replacing the shield, causes the colorer to not connect, and when you click "Q" on it, it brings up a broken UI, with random boxes clipping into each other in the top. It is typically hard to exit. (Should probably have made a new thread, but this one already exists and seems a bit simple)

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
2017-12-07, 07:30 PM
(2017-12-07 07:22 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  Perhaps similar to this, not sure if its related, but placing a shield colorer on a shield, then removing and replacing the shield, causes the colorer to not connect, and when you click "Q" on it, it brings up a broken UI, with random boxes clipping into each other in the top. It is typically hard to exit. (Should probably have made a new thread, but this one already exists and seems a bit simple)

Are you sure you saw that on the devtest version?
I just checked and it works well.

I know that bug was in 2.03, but it should have been fixed in 2.1.
2017-12-07, 07:41 PM
I haven't tried it in 2.1 yet, just noticed it now. Had too much to do last night, so I missed the release. I'll check, and post screenshots and logs or whatnot if I still have it. Thanks for the response and update!

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
2017-12-07, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-12-07 08:32 PM by karbengo.)
The bug MizarLuke is talking about is months old. Basically, if you try to open the UI of a shield addon that was just disconnected from a shield, you get a broken UI box that can be exited only by pressing Esc.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-12-07, 08:41 PM
(2017-12-07 08:32 PM)karbengo Wrote:  The bug MizarLuke is talking about is months old. Basically, if you try to open the UI of a shield addon that was just disconnected from a shield, you get a broken UI box that can be exited only by pressing Esc.

I know that bug, but I'm pretty sure I fixed it while modifying the shields.
There were a couple of other bugs related to the shields that I also fixed.

The funny thing is that I fixed a few old bugs, and added a bugged feature Wink
Fortunately the next release will fix it and from there the shields should work correctly.