From The Depths - Forum
MOOOOAR Simple weapons would be nice. - Printable Version

+- From The Depths - Forum (http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Alpha (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Cannon suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+---- Thread: MOOOOAR Simple weapons would be nice. (/showthread.php?tid=30245)

MOOOOAR Simple weapons would be nice. - Ninjin_Ninja - 2017-09-16 08:24 PM

I haven't thought of too many,maybe others have,but i would like more simple weapons in game so starter players can not have to worry about figuring out cram right away. The few I've thought of are:
A firework cannon-which will be a tiny missile launcher that can fly about 500 meters,and then explode with random colors,it wouldn't be able to guide itself,just fly straight and explode.
A grenade launcher- this will shoot a small green ball,basically like the player grenade launcher but flies farther away/shoot faster.
A depth cannon- Charges up and fires,but goes straight if underwater,making cool underwater cannons for subs that can shoot up at ships.
A Giga ball cannon- normal (kinda) cannon that's 2 blocks wide,3 length,and 2 tall,and would behave same as small and large cannon,but would be giant version.
Finally A simple weapon variant of the player shotgun would be pretty cool,for close range damage.
Well,I thought of few more writing this so maybe not just a few anymore,but hope u like the current ones Big Grin

RE: MOOOOAR Simple weapons would be nice. - Ninjin_Ninja - 2017-09-16 08:35 PM

Another Idea is something like a ballista. A hwacha would be pretty cool too, along with any other modern variants of medieval weaponry.

RE: MOOOOAR Simple weapons would be nice. - SynthTwo - 2017-09-16 11:49 PM

After cataclysm. Get it.

RE: MOOOOAR Simple weapons would be nice. - SovereignVis - 2017-11-15 04:21 AM

I think some medieval weaponry would be cool. Sail boats with Catapults and Trebuchets... The game Besiege comes to mind. Tongue

RE: MOOOOAR Simple weapons would be nice. - BioPhoenix - 2017-11-15 06:54 AM

Medieval weaponry would be pretty great, yes. There is an acute shortage of any of that aside from the ram and, I suppose, certain simple and direct-feed cannon designs in the game as is.

RE: MOOOOAR Simple weapons would be nice. - Versatility Nut - 2017-11-18 05:25 AM

Simple particle cannons that lock to EMP would be nice, if only so that I can make a super battleship that broadsides with simple weapons of all types.