From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Particle Cannon 360 degr lens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This would ideally be a node at the end of a pipe that can fire in all directions, like a LAMS node.

It guess qua looks it should have a 2x2 square base with a large globe on it, multifaceted like the camera's in stellar observatories.

You can attach up to four pipes to the bottom of this node, it will fire one ray per pipe attached, but each ray only has a strength as if it was fired from a regular lens end.
Glad to see someone else who is so subtly evil. Big Grin
That would totally wreak havoc on symmetry people. Tongue
If I WOULD like particle cannons, I would say sure, nice idea Smile, not a fan of futuristic things. Nice idea though, wouldn't mind it.

Also Normal, you probably wouldn't put it in the middle of ships Tongue and the normal PAC already wreaks havoc with symmetry
Not requiring a turret mounting and instant 360 degree tracking seems a bit over-powered for merely half damage and considering a return pipe is more viable when not on a turret its easier to cancel that negative. It would also negate the field of fire slider allowing more damage unless you make it cumulative so that its only a full 360 when that sliders at full field of fire.

I think you would need some serious negatives to offset the huge advantage.

But yes, non-symetrical would be devilshly evil Smile
(2018-06-13 06:23 PM)khaz Wrote: [ -> ]But yes, non-symetrical would be devilshly evil Smile

Noooooo!
Big Grin
I did a nice subobject, a light-block mounted 2way sphere - that does what you like.
Do you know what weapon is missing from FtD? Tesla coils.
(2018-06-15 08:06 AM)Normal69 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know what weapon is missing from FtD? Tesla coils.

Red Alert Soviet Tesla infantry? Big Grin (Tank and tower aswell Big Grin)
(2018-06-15 08:06 AM)Normal69 Wrote: [ -> ]Big Grin
I did a nice subobject, a light-block mounted 2way sphere - that does what you like.
Do you know what weapon is missing from FtD? Tesla coils.
Smile

I fully agree - I want to shoot lightning from my ships!

commencing shock therapy ...
Reference URL's