From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Idea by mr Shadow Onion on steam fora
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And I dot quote:

"Crystal growth farm and smelter functionality
Since the update in which the indevidual resource pools (such as wood and metal) were replaced with the overall resource pool the crystal growth farm and scrap smelters have been useless. However I have an idea in which they can be made useful in a relatively balanced way.

Scrap smelter = You could make it so when these are built inside limited resource zones they allow more resources to be harvested from said zone at the expense of speed and and fuel.

Crystal growth farm = Make it so the growth farm can generate a extremely small amount of resource in exchange for electrical energy."

- Mr Shadow Onion, suggestions subforum on steam

I could live with this!

I would also propose a change that would see a difference between raw material and refined material.

for example, refineries use raw material to make fuel, crystal farms use energy to make refined material, smelters use up some raw material to provide refined materials and energy (heat recuperation), boilers burn raw materials to energy directly, ...

specific assembly lines could be set up to turn raw material into refined material.

In general, anything to make the economic side a little more relevant again in the game.
Indeed it is a great idea.

Maybe something about enemy scrap could be done this way too.
"
Scrap smelter = You could make it so when these are built inside limited resource zones they allow more resources to be harvested from said zone at the expense of speed and and fuel.

Crystal growth farm = Make it so the growth farm can generate a extremely small amount of resource in exchange for electrical energy.""

I do really like this Smile
Seems like a great idea, though some balance may need done with the crystal growth farm to make it not extremely OP. If I were to use it, I would set up a small base on the island by the starting fortress with hundreds of trays powered by RTGs to get quite a bit of power production. Even 1 resource per second would be pretty strong. I like the scrap smelter, perhaps make it add 0.5% resource gain per stack, but require extensive power, too.
Mizar gave me idea, maybe the scrap metal smelter would increase efficiency, so if you have a large amount it would increase the amount recource up to a max of 20%-50% (depending on what suits balance)more recource per recource mined, which would be helpfull with limited recource cmzones
Reference URL's