From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: CIE - Custom Ion Engine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Title says it all. Basically a CJE but then as Ion. This would result in a less powerful engine then a CJE but is able to go into space and underwater.
Instead of useing fuel it would use battery power and a bit of fuel
It would have to consume battery power instead of fuel, though. I like this idea.
Maybe also a custom ducted propeller drive and/or caterpillar drive that works the same in water, but takes engine power for ducted propellers and possibly battery power for magnetohydrodynamic drive.
(2017-09-14 08:09 AM)BioPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]It would have to consume battery power instead of fuel, though. I like this idea.
Maybe also a custom ducted propeller drive and/or caterpillar drive that works the same in water, but takes engine power for ducted propellers and possibly battery power for magnetohydrodynamic drive.
Yes I was indeed thinking about this. Instead of useing air intakes, compressors and combustion chambers we could have ionizers (combustors but use normal power), Gas intakes (air intakes) and Gas compressors (compressors) (keep in mind that i have no clue on what actually goes into an ion engine, I'm just naming components that should like they would belong in a ion engine)
Reference URL's