From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Does someone have a nice 7w/5h/22l engine with more than 28k power?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently using one of Guaibee's engines of that size and power which is pretty effective in terms of fuel use but I need more power and dont want to go the injector way Confused
If that raft can't help you, I'm not sure anything can to be honest. I'd look into either accepting the horrible inefficiency of a 'booster' injector engine that is ACB controlled to only come on when needed, or redesigning the size of your engine bay. Neither one a easy option I know.
what is your target PPF? and just how much higher than 28k are you trying to go? just looking at guaibee's engine platform he has some smaller engines with a greater power density. you may be able to chain together several of those or custom build one for the job.

however 28k in a 5x7x22 gives you a power density of 36ppb i have seen engines get up to about 45ppb which would give you a theoretical boost to about 35k power. However, i'm not sure that 45ppb is possible in a 5x7xN package.

you have a few options: re-do the internals of your vehicle to give more space OR space of a different shape. Engines are much easier to build in spaces that are divisible by 3 or 5 in width (so 3, 6, 9, or 5, 10, 15 etc). alternately, it may be time to consider swapping for a steam engine since they are better by a good margin than injectors.
I know the size is a bit of a problem and I havent found something fitting for it by now.
And I dont know much about steam engines at the moment. Is it better to go the battery way or let them produce power directly?
I only found a small raft with turbines so far and use them occasionally as a backup energy source for batteries but are they any good when used in "direct power mode"?
Battery Power with steam engines in theory works better but it needs a lot more space cuz batteries

The relistic direkt power is about 2/3 of what its max idle is
Turbines were broken at battery charging since the day it was born. Now they doubled battery capacity so it is broken at producing power through electric engines (on par with pistons in terms of PPB with double the efficiency... source Draba). So, use turbines.
Considering he didnt want to go the "injector way", I`m not sure if steam engines are what he wants.....

Why do you need so much power to begin with? Are you using strength 10 shields trying to get full coverage? Getting as much efficient power as you can in a compact space is a good thing but you also need to be efficient with your shields..dont have too much range on them, have the actual shield projectors directly behind your armor to keep them safe while also minimizing power usage.

Also shields are apparently getting a mini rework, they will use less upfront power all the time and instead rely more on batteries when hit so your engines wont need to produce as much all at once.

Wait a sec....

"rely on batteries"
EVERYONE START MAKING STEAM ENGINES HOLY #*@!*#*(@$
(2017-08-22 05:28 AM)Supercowswag Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you need so much power to begin with? Are you using strength 10 shields trying to get full coverage?

LAMS?
(2017-08-22 11:12 AM)Kaonicping Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-22 05:28 AM)Supercowswag Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you need so much power to begin with? Are you using strength 10 shields trying to get full coverage?

LAMS?

+ offensive laser
If you expand it a decent amount in space go with RTG's and batteries, no upkeep cost and a very easy-to-change space. Just a huge upfront cost and more space needed. Try getting more efficiency out of your lasers or scale it back a bit.
Reference URL's