From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: LH Wild Winghead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's an album where you can view pictures of the Winghead.
https://imgur.com/a/IIiHg
[Image: 9nBrZpDl.jpg]
  • Laser on a two-axis turret fires 1840 pulsed damage, 15 AP, .23 inaccuracy
  • Hovers around 10-14 meters above the ground, has rear-facing thrusters mounted on the front which activate when the ship is particularly low to the ground, as this is assumed to generally happen when a slope is rapidly approaching (doesn't always prevent damage if going full speed ahead towards a steep hill)
  • 63k fuel, about 6.8k engine power when everything's running
  • Moves over 40m/s in a straight line, is capable of relatively tight turns. The tail is far back, which provides strong pitch control, preventing the forward thrust from sending the hovercraft high into the air.
  • 1979 volume (dropping down to 1 turret got me back under the limit)
  • Has naval AI/fire control/hearthstone/rudder/propeller/firing prioritization/camera & radar passive detection as well as laser rangefinder (hopefully I got all the minor details right)
It's not particularly stable in its hover, but it is definitely functional as a hovercraft. Right now it doesn't have any flares/smoke dispenser/shield/LAMS. Could be equipped with a warp drive due to the T shape, but then it would be over the volume limit. It has about 1.2k blocks and 3 repair bots, so I think I'm over the limit which is 1 bot/1k blocks, if I recall correctly. I'll wait for more substantial criticism before I go back and change that.

Edit: My bad, somehow I forgot to include the file.
My god that is a strange design
If I recall, the limit is 0 bots/vehicle.
What makes it a "wildcard" besides design?
Alright, checked it trough. A pretty interesting concept, but there are some flaws:

-The design is a bit crude, with next to no LH aesthetics. Needs an overhaul to looks: Ribbing, decoshields, prongs, typical LH elements. The window in the for example is something that LH doesn't use, should either be a closed enclosure or an elaborate cockpit
-Two-axis turret gets stuck every now and then when firing at aerial targets
-Has only trackers and a single retroflection sensor, so it's completely blind unless the enemy uses visual cameras. Needs a few actual detectors
-No defenses whatsoever

I'll give it another look if you can fix the issues.
(2016-10-23 12:38 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, checked it trough. A pretty interesting concept, but there are some flaws:

-The design is a bit crude, with next to no LH aesthetics. Needs an overhaul to looks: Ribbing, decoshields, prongs, typical LH elements. The window in the for example is something that LH doesn't use, should either be a closed enclosure or an elaborate cockpit
-Has only trackers and a single retroflection sensor, so it's completely blind unless the enemy uses visual cameras. Needs a few actual detectors
-No defenses whatsoever

Will work on it, but it also has a passive radar, so if the enemy is using cameras or radar it will sense them. It was suggested somewhere LH should favor passive/stealth sensing.
Infrared cameras can be used for that - they can't be detected by any passive system.
(2016-10-23 12:38 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, checked it trough. A pretty interesting concept, but there are some flaws:

-No defenses whatsoever

Okay, I think I've addressed all the concerns, aesthetics, enclosed cockpit, turret is less likely to get stuck now, added active detection, for defense I added flares/multiple smoke dispensers (a pair on the "wings", 1 set in the back on top of the engine)/a front-facing shield for defense. I could seriously weaken the laser by setting up a LAMS for additional defense, but if this is the faction of glass cannons, removing half its "cannon" doesn't seem fitting.

[Image: X7wrwv4l.jpg]
[Image: gePQBOIm.jpg]`[Image: nsAJTbhm.jpg]
Also, its volume is 2005, does that disqualify it given the 2k limit Tongue? (Limit won't let me add more aesthetic detail without sacrificing something else)
Reference URL's