From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: TG HQ mech
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
heres a mech i've been working on
[Image: ZsMZVPh.jpg]
in combat the torso will separate from the chassis fly toward the target and stop at 650 meters

Edit:added railgun and missle system on torso shoulders
hopefully fixed power issues for torso
added more detection to torso
[Image: C0Aa6If.jpg]

Edit 2:
default version:
[Image: 3syy5dX.jpg]
made the chassis more rounded
added ACB to torso to return it to the chassis if bellow 70% health
rearranged lower roll thrusters on torso
added player controls to chassis and torso
version A:
[Image: u4XJdOK.jpg]
same changes as listed above,but also added a cram turret to lower torso

Edit 3:
version A:removed some ribs from torso
[Image: 24Un2eC.jpg]

Edit 4:
version C:redid front of torso,this has led to heavy armor on the front but thinner armor on the sides
[Image: qB875jK.jpg]

Edit 5:
version C:add color changers to shields and reduced alpha on all shields to .10

Edit 6:
version C:reduced ribbing on chassis
[Image: 6XU3qYT.jpg]

Edit 7:
version C:added more detection to torso

Edit 8:
version C:made changes to torso and chassis AI
added more detection to chassis

Edit 9:
version C:added surge protection to chassis and added heart stone to chassis and torso

Edit 10:
version C:added surge protection to torso
I'll suggest some improvements:
paint the laser, it just doesn't fit the colors used in this mech and the twin guard
make the top APS look a little bit less like it has no armour (looks really weak now, what types of shell is it using?)
it also looks weird being mounted on the back of the chassis instead of in the middle
if you could integrate the railgun and missile system a little more in torso, that part of your mech would look better
(2016-09-07 06:13 PM)bokke1010 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll suggest some improvements:
paint the laser, it just doesn't fit the colors used in this mech and the twin guard
make the top APS look a little bit less like it has no armour (looks really weak now, what types of shell is it using?)
it also looks weird being mounted on the back of the chassis instead of in the middle
if you could integrate the railgun and missile system a little more in torso, that part of your mech would look better

made changes based on this:
changed the hull to include missile system and railgun
laser should now be right color
armored APS arm
moved torso closer to center of chassis
[Image: iqUHEKX.jpg]

Edit:
version:converted all heavy armor to metal and did some cuts to the design to get with in the volume limit

Edit 2:
version C:fixed a few issues caused due the reduction in volume and removal of heavy armor
AI has been moved away from ammo
armor has placed around ammo to reduce damage done by ammo explosions
torso now separates at 1250 meters away from the target
torso should now hopefully reverse when it gets too close to a target

Edit 3:
version C:torso will now return to chassis if the are no targets within 1250 meters

Edit 4:
version C:torso now returns to chassis if below 80% rather then 70%
railgun now has increased accuracy lower muzzle velocity

Edit 5:
version C:ACB for returning the torso to chassis when no enemy are nearby no longer has a delay

Edit 6:
version D:swapped out most of the offencive lasers for APS
removed Q switches and swap out laser cavities for single input cavities on torso
removed some engines from torso
added laser absorb shields to torso
removed some armor on chassis
[Image: nJvzUbx.jpg]
Ok, ill review it, but to be totally blunt theres a lot about it I dont really like.
Ive been waiting to say anything since it was still being worked on and a lot of it has improved but it still has a lot of issues.

1. The Lower body I do like, it looks good but the Ribbing is too busy. SPecifically the spider web in the middle is too much.

2. The Pin Head. It looks like its gotten its head shrunk by some wild tribe in peru. It should look more like a badass mech head like the other mech and not a pimple.

3. Too much guns sticking out. It looks like GT had too much input on this design and stuck cannon barrels out of it everywhere. Specifically, the Belly button cannon, The small lower body side cannons, and the 3 Penis cannons look out of place and too much.

I suggest changing the Belly button cannon into a flush mounted PAC.
Remove one Penis cannon and put the laser in a different spot. Probably 2 of them on the sides or something instead of in the middle.

4. I dont understand the Jets on the torso and why the torso undocks? It should stay docked and jets arent going to translate momentum into the lower driving body anyway. The ACBs stuck outside of the body look bad also.

So, thats just for how it looks, i didnt even check to see if all the functions were working right since so much of it needs changed.

I do see potential in the design, just gotta cut away a lot and fix some stuff to get there.

So, sorry for so much criticism/ feedback. If you get those worked out I can check its functionality and then id be much more likely to take it. As it is right now, I wont...
(2016-09-09 04:05 AM)majyst Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, ill review it, but to be totally blunt theres a lot about it I dont really like.
Ive been waiting to say anything since it was still being worked on and a lot of it has improved but it still has a lot of issues.

1. The Lower body I do like, it looks good but the Ribbing is too busy. SPecifically the spider web in the middle is too much.

2. The Pin Head. It looks like its gotten its head shrunk by some wild tribe in peru. It should look more like a badass mech head like the other mech and not a pimple.

3. Too much guns sticking out. It looks like GT had too much input on this design and stuck cannon barrels out of it everywhere. Specifically, the Belly button cannon, The small lower body side cannons, and the 3 Penis cannons look out of place and too much.

I suggest changing the Belly button cannon into a flush mounted PAC.
Remove one Penis cannon and put the laser in a different spot. Probably 2 of them on the sides or something instead of in the middle.

4. I dont understand the Jets on the torso and why the torso undocks? It should stay docked and jets arent going to translate momentum into the lower driving body anyway. The ACBs stuck outside of the body look bad also.

So, thats just for how it looks, i didnt even check to see if all the functions were working right since so much of it needs changed.

I do see potential in the design, just gotta cut away a lot and fix some stuff to get there.

So, sorry for so much criticism/ feedback. If you get those worked out I can check its functionality and then id be much more likely to take it. As it is right now, I wont...

hopefully fixed most of these issues in the lasted version
[Image: UclW06p.jpg]

added shoulder things to make the CRAM arm look less noodle like
[Image: cDqbmAC.jpg]

Edit:
version E:moved forward facing lasers on chassis a bit
[Image: DNKP9tR.jpg]

Edit 2:
version E:added shoulders to ACC arm and made changes to CRAM shoulders
[Image: eyOKewR.jpg]

Edit 3:
version E:changed laser turret to 2 axis
redid laser turret armor
increased hold distance on docking station
[Image: TUnMMhs.jpg]

Edit 4:
version E:removed front CRAM from chassis
removed laser turret on chassis
added 2 laser turrets to chassis
redid front of chassis
[Image: OXpBl4v.jpg]

Edit 5:
version E:
added ACC to sides of chassis
added 2 CRAMS in front of chassis
made front of chassis a bit more rounded
[Image: C2r0LN0.jpg]

Edit 6:
version F:incase splitting the cram and laser turret on chassis is reducing the effectiveness of the design a version that does not split the cram and laser has been made
[Image: z8RfsJ7.jpg]

Edit 7:
version F:added LWC and fusing box to chassis CRAM

Edit 8:
version F:redid chassis CRAM

edit 9:
version F:reshaped torso so now the missiles should now be in the chest
[Image: Y2cP0wb.jpg]

edit 10:
version F:added laser absorb shields to torso

Edit 11:
version F:paint absorb shields and increased strength of ACC arm shield

Edit 12:not really a change to the vehicle but here's some lore/names for the vehicle:
names:
bard
echidna

lore:The (whatever the vehicle is called)was one the first attempts at a joint builds between Eros and Thanatos and a test bed for many of the TG weapons.At one point it had a experimental CRAM turret mounted on the torso(unfortunately the mighty CRAM cannon was withdrawn due to Eros's regal disapproval of its resemblance).But it's best known for its ability to quickly build units and fortifications while defending itself against almost any threat with a variety of weapons and defenses.

Edit 13:made a version that is within the volume limit
version G:reduced size of engine is chassis
fixed laser turret not being connect to laser system

Edit 14:
version F:applied to laser turret from version G to version F

Edit 15:
version H:removed side ACCs from hull and added munition warners

Edit 16:
version H and I:increased prioritization of range on torso and chassis AI

version I:removed repair tentacles on chassis since the torso would probably get spawned before it be repairable since the torso is more then twice the volume limit
added heavy around chassis AI along with torso AI and ammo
added more fuel to torso/chassis
readded jets,dediblades and land AI to torso so if the chassis dock is destroyed the torso will not be as easily disabled,however the chassis will not detach unless the dock is destroyed
[Image: J9ab88Y.jpg]

Edit 17:
version I:added repair tentacles to torso

Edit 18:
version I and J:added heavy armor casing around torso docking turret
version J:removed jets,dediblades,land AI and PIDs from torso

Edit 19:
version I and J:added green metal behind eyes on head
Alright, finally went trough this one. Apart from the lack of propel & rudder it works well and fits the guidelines, so the only problems are the aesthetics. It still looks oddly lopsided: The base is too long, it should be shorter and wider like the other TG mecha bases. The torso looks really bottom-heavy and combined with the honestly rather timid-looking face the design as a whole doesn't look particularly intimidating. Giving it some meat on the upper body area and reworking the head into something more menacing should help. It could also use some more TG detailing, such as decoshields over the missiles. It has potential, so I'll give it another go if you can rework its looks.
(2016-10-10 11:58 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, finally went trough this one. Apart from the lack of propel & rudder it works well and fits the guidelines, so the only problems are the aesthetics. It still looks oddly lopsided: The base is too long, it should be shorter and wider like the other TG mecha bases. The torso looks really bottom-heavy and combined with the honestly rather timid-looking face the design as a whole doesn't look particularly intimidating. Giving it some meat on the upper body area and reworking the head into something more menacing should help. It could also use some more TG detailing, such as decoshields over the missiles. It has potential, so I'll give it another go if you can rework its looks.
hopefully fixed most of these issues with this version,still need to remake the head though.
[Image: nqlyZ4q.jpg]
(the missiles in chest are hidden until the vehicle gets within range)

Edit:fixed blueprint

Edit 2:
version L:replaced head
added control room to chassis
added detection equipment to CRAM and laser turrets on torso

Edit 3:
version 3:redid the chassis:
chassis should hopefully be much shorter and wider the before
chassis now lacks offensive capabilities,instead only carries the torso and LAMS,along with this it now uses a steam engine
[Image: 41kXizw.jpg]

Edit 4:
version 3:added shields over missiles
changed shoulder CRAM default position
added repair tentacles to chassis
changed ribbing pattern on chassis
[Image: 8ygMOF2.jpg]

Edit 5:added shields to chassis
added more fuel to torso
reduced ribbing on chassis
added more laser absorb shields to torso

Edit 6: