From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: 331 PPF, 47.5 PPB battleship engine (5x5x41, 46140 power)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The engine used on the Blast Tyrant
It's just the basic space-efficient cylinder/carburetor pattern, with all the free cylinder faces collected on one side(to leave space for shields/repair bots).
All values are the final ones after reaching stable temperature.
2m long segments can be added to/removed from the middle.

Total cost: 3892
Total volume: 972

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=754689275

[Image: bRS6VOFl.jpg] [Image: ejGCutBl.jpg]
[Image: x9gpMC5l.jpg] [Image: rfOISZQl.jpg]
Perhaps I might interest you in my Jade Fist Engine prefab. For 41 length:

Original version can crank out 44915.12 power at 162 PPF.
[Image: RZZ5Sd7.jpg]

Cross version can crank out 45357.55 at 164 PPF (but has reduced low RPM PPF)
[Image: ctkDqfo.jpg]
Checked it out, it's nice but it almost entirely fills out it's bounding box(1020 volume, 5 free spaces at the end).
I kinda need the spaces on the side to weave in the LUA transceivers on my missiles, that's why I've arranged the engine that way in the first place Smile
For me PPB is much more important in general, the 160-170 PPF is just a side effect of 1-turbos with 5 exhausts being pretty much optimal.
(2016-08-30 02:41 AM)draba Wrote: [ -> ]With all the recent changes I'm busy rebuilding the Blast Tyrant, the new exhausts mean it's time for the second engine upgrade since the fall of stacked superchargers.
It's just the basic space-efficient cylinder/carburetor pattern, with all the free cylinder faces collected on one side(to leave space for shields/repair bots).
All values are the final ones after reaching stable temperature.

2 segments can be removed from the middle, by making it shorter PPF increases at the cost of PPB.

Total cost: 3902
Total volume: 973

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=754689275

[Image: bRS6VOFl.jpg] [Image: XWDDXaNl.jpg]
[Image: x9gpMC5l.jpg] [Image: rfOISZQl.jpg]

I am too building a new BB from scratch. How much engine power are you going for? Im not sure about it since the shield changes.
(2016-09-18 02:03 PM)Kreuzheber Wrote: [ -> ]I am too building a new BB from scratch. How much engine power are you going for? Im not sure about it since the shield changes.

Depends on what you are going for Smile
The way I use them shields need much less power(slow projectiles get through either way, HEAT doesn't care and fast ones/frags get blockes either way).
  • In general 10-20K for shields is plenty, +whatever you need for propulsion.
  • A LAMS is a massive durability boost so I use one on pretty much everything, for a battleship a ~10K DPS continuous or 20K 4Q one is definitely worth the price(both use 20K power).
  • If you want to tank lasers with purely shields add another ~50K, if using shields+smoke ~10K is enough to be pretty safe.

Went for 180K in 4 main + 2 backup engines, but I'm using a massive offensive laser/CRAM LAMS and a 15K dps dedicated continuous one, +some railgun/PAC action for good measure.
(2016-09-18 02:37 PM)draba Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-18 02:03 PM)Kreuzheber Wrote: [ -> ]I am too building a new BB from scratch. How much engine power are you going for? Im not sure about it since the shield changes.

Depends on what you are going for Smile
The way I use them shields need much less power(slow projectiles get through either way, HEAT doesn't care and fast ones/frags get blockes either way).
  • In general 10-20K for shields is plenty, +whatever you need for propulsion.
  • A LAMS is a massive durability boost so I use one on pretty much everything, for a battleship a ~10K DPS continuous or 20K 4Q one is definitely worth the price(both use 20K power).
  • If you want to tank lasers with purely shields add another ~50K, if using shields+smoke ~10K is enough to be pretty safe.

Went for 180K in 4 main + 2 backup engines, but I'm using a massive offensive laser/CRAM LAMS and a 15K dps dedicated continuous one, +some railgun/PAC action for good measure.

Thats quite a "bit" of power. I mean ofc I did not expect anything less on a ship of yours ^^. Just asking because Im looking for a bar high. But I guess there will be always ways to use spare energy on a battleship..........
(2016-09-18 03:18 PM)Kreuzheber Wrote: [ -> ]Thats quite a "bit" of power. I mean ofc I did not expect anything less on a ship of yours ^^. Just asking because Im looking for a bar high. But I guess there will be always ways to use spare energy on a battleship..........

Yeah, normally that's way overkill this is just the ship where I throw in everything AND the kitchen sink Smile
For propulsion and defense around 50K is plenty, and that includes a bit of leeway for tanking lasers with shields.
ramp times are gonna murder you though. might be better to chop it into a few smaller pieces.
(2016-09-18 08:25 PM)Lincrono Wrote: [ -> ]ramp times are gonna murder you though. might be better to chop it into a few smaller pieces.

I tend to use a few hundred K in batteries as a buffer for lasers, slapping an electric engine on them helps out a bit(especially now, around 0.33-0.5 it's free power).
Admittedly didn't experiment too much with ramp times though, just set both response time and decay to 0.5 on large things and call it a day.
Wasting a bit of fuel is a smaller problem than shields flickering/LAMS skipping Smile

Does anyone know the exact numbers around ramp time?
With the exhaust/turbo update in devtest PPF is more than doubled and PPB increased a bit.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's