From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: (LH) PAC hovertank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Gharial is a hovertank that uses a powerfull impact particle cannon as a primary weapon, and two 1550 mm AP/HE CRAMS as secondary weapons (these have not been optimized at all and are my shitty lazy design, and could easily be improved a lot). it comes equipped with a heartstone, rudder and propeller, though its current main engine is a E3200 redline, it could be replaced with a fuel injection engine for the purposes of the campaign. the reason it has neither of these improvements is simplye because it can already consistently beat all of the non elite/rz designs from OW, WF, DWG and SS, along with all but two of the LH designs, and the smaller TG designs with little to no effort or damage sustained.

It began as a vehicle to use in the campaign, however, it was very effective, and just withing the size limit for AOTE, so I adapted it to use Madwands advanced aerial AI, and began testing, however seeing as was so effective, I decided to upload it here.

update 1 : Missiles! yay

[attachment=32466]

[attachment=32467]

[attachment=32468]

[attachment=32469]

[attachment=32471]
Not bad, but it does have some issues.

A: It uses LUA, which is not allowed on enemy faction vehicles. Use mainframe cards instead.

B: CRAM cannons are not allowed on LH vehicles.

C: Heavy armour is not allowed on LH vehicles.

D: The holes in the back and bottom looks really bad, you can change the CRAMs to missile turrets and use the spare volume to cover up said holes.

E: It doesn't have any repair bots. Add some and increase the resource storage so it can repair itself.

F: There are places where you could use beams instead of single blocks. I suggest that you beam it with this: http://zyonixgaming.github.io/ftd-bluepr...ation.html once you've fixed the other issues.
you can ad pictures??
Heavy armor is banned? huh oh well, but the reason it doesnt have repair bots is that it becomes REALLY hard to deal with when it can repair mid battle, and because it can just mulch all of the existing designs except the copperhead (go figure). but I will update the engines and change th ecrams to missiles. and are you sure using lua is banned? it is kind of unavoidable to a certain extent...
Ok, the program kept crashing, so I had to go and beam it manually, so I might have missed a spot or two. anyway, I will now update the OP with more powerfull engines, missiles, and actual armor cover on the bottom, slightly less armor on the top where almost nothing will be hitting it, and a few improvements to the aesthetics (I personally dont think they look that great, but it is sort of kinda in the LH artstyle).

also, how the hell do I attach a screenshot to one of these posts? I am a not so very intelligent person and have yet to figure this our myself. I do have a screenshot of the tank though.
(2016-07-08 10:29 PM)spookywaggon Wrote: [ -> ]also, how the hell do I attach a screenshot to one of these posts? I am a not so very intelligent person and have yet to figure this our myself. I do have a screenshot of the tank though.

if you are in full edit mode (not quick edit), go to the attachments box below your edit box, and select a image. upload that image and click "insert into post" it should place a box in your post kinda like "[attachment=......]" or something simular
Reference URL's