From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Request: 18kw Battleship engine that fits in 3hX7wX28l space
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What it says on the tin, I have a battleship that needs about +/-18k power, and a 3x7x28 space available for one or a pair of engines. Looking for good efficiency of course, with stable power at high loads. Would a pair of extensible 3x3 engines be preferable, or a single wider design that allows for exhaust and turbos? Lifting the roof and dropping the floor won't work with the design Sad

I had tried a pair of irelan's Hot Rod's backed with a pair of Mules, which worked, but looking for a more elegant solution.
How efficient is good?

[Image: RlDVAmg.jpg] specs when running.

http://i.imgur.com/Kf9V1G1.jpg the whole engine.

It's not quite zero heat generation in one row of cylinders whose position under the inlines prevents them from having any exhaust. On the other hand it overshoots the power goal and could be tooled to better fit that, probably resulting in zero heat.
That will fit the bill nicely! Do you have a blueprint you would be willing to share?

My other thought was to simply drop 4 Araipo (spelling bad) Injectotrons, but I would much prefer an engine like this!
I can post it in a few hours, at work now.
Here it is on a little platform.
Outstanding!! Thank you!
I might be a little late to the party but I gave it a shot as well and this is what I've got so far. It consists of two engines, both with over 9k power, with 300ppf at low rpm to 200ppf at high rpm. It is located at the top floor of the attached blueprint.

You might also want to check out the engine on the second floor with the fuel boxes all over it. It doesn't fit your specifications but if you ever need a powerful, compact but still efficient engine then you won't find anything much better than that (465-391-326ppf, ~45 power per m^3)

[Image: 9YvKccF.png]

[Image: Z1YaNOt.png]
After searching through the forums for a bit I think I might have actually created the engine with the highest half-hour power per volume anyone has ever made! (talking about the 5x5 engine on the second level) Yay!
Yeah, it's the highest PPV of a non-injector engine I have found or have made; it even comes with its own fuel supply.

Though if you take into account the exhaust loop on the far end its 43.1 ppv, not 45.
(2017-04-07 09:38 PM)SynthTwo Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's the highest PPV of a non-injector engine I have found or have made; it even comes with its own fuel supply.

Though if you take into account the exhaust loop on the far end its 43.1 ppv, not 45.

If you make it long enough it will become 45 ppv though. And if you stack two of them on top of each other (one upside down) you can get two of them in a 9x5xn area and go beyond 50 ppv
Reference URL's